Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
· To provide an in depth understanding of the requirements of ICAO Annex 14
· To understand how the SARP’s contained in Annex 14 are applied to different types of aerodromes
· To apply Annex 14 SARP’s to new aerodrome developments
· To understand how to use Aeronautical Studies in the event of non-compliance – the fundamental principles of how they are developed
Who should attend?
· Airport Operations Directors, Managers, Officers and Staff
· Airport Construction and Engineering Directors, Managers and Staff
· Airport Emergency Managers, Officers and Staff
· Airport Safety Managers, Officers and Staff
· Civil Aviation Authority Officials
Our Advanced Annex 14 training will provide participants with a comprehensive working knowledge of the document and how the technical aspects are applied to their own airport, both for current operations and also for future developments.
This course is ideal for airport personnel who have already attended the ACI “Understanding Annex 14” training or have a basic knowledge of the document. The course also looks in detail at the use of Aeronautical Studies in the event that full compliance with ICAO Annex SARPs cannot be achieved.
· Introduction – aerodrome codes
· Aerodrome physical characteristics – runways, taxiways and aprons
· Pavement types and classification, markings and obstacles
· Friction measurement
· Dual runway operations – separation of runways / taxiways
· Obstacle limitation surfaces – safeguarding and legal issues
· Visual aids to navigation, signage and aerodrome lighting
· Professional Certificate on Safety
· 5 days